At Applegate Elder Law, we focus on what is known in legal circles as life care planning, elder law, Medicaid planning, estate planning and related practice areas. These are just the technical terms for what we do. The reality of what we do is quite different. We help people find answers to difficult questions, such as:
- How can I prepare for the possibility that my spouse or I will require expensive long-term care in the future?
- What type of care do I need? How will I pay for it?
- How can I choose people I trust to make medical or financial decisions for me if I become incapacitated and can no longer make these decisions on my own?
- How can I ensure my assets will go to the people I want to receive them after I pass away?
- Am I eligible for veterans benefits? What is Aid and Attendance?
- How can I ensure my child with special needs will receive the care he or she needs when I can no longer provide it myself?
- What is probate?
- What is involved in settling an estate or administering a trust?
We can design a customized plan to address questions like these and many more. Ultimately, we hope to provide you with the peace of mind that comes from having a plan in place for the future.
We invite you to explore this site to learn more about what we do and how we can help you. If you like what you see, why not contact us for a consultation? We welcome the opportunity to speak with you in person and get to know one another. Let’s talk soon.